We are a virtual CPA firm serving clients across the US. We provide a full range of bookkeeping, accounting, tax and consulting services along with financial training. We help a variety of businesses, but our niche is digital entrepreneurs. Tax season isn’t crazy for us (and won’t be crazy for you either) because we are not a tax shop. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and neither should you if you want to be a good fit for this position. But, we are dealing with other people’s money and THAT we take very seriously and expect accuracy and consistency.
We are seeking a self-motivated, hopelessly detail-oriented individual who loves working with numbers. The position remotely manages the outsourced day-to-day bookkeeping and monthly accounting needs of multiple clients. You must possess a solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles. Client specific training will be provided, but you must be able to problem solve and research solutions for yourself. We will not be teaching you how to be a bookkeeper or an accountant – you should already be one if you are applying, right? Since we are virtual, you must be, too! We would prefer a local candidate but will consider qualified candidates from outside our great state. This position will average 20-25 hours a week during normal, 9am-5pm business hours. Weekly team meetings are conducted via Zoom and monthly team meetings are held in person where yummy food and drink is available if you’re local. You’ll have to provide your own yummy food and drink if you’re not local!
We are not looking for someone who has several “side jobs” and is adding another one to the mix. We are also not interested in someone who has their own accounting or bookkeeping business. If you are the right candidate, this will be your primary employment where you devote your best working effort and attention.
- Transaction recording/processing
- Bill paying for clients
- Customer invoicing for clients
- Payroll and expense report processing
- Bank, credit card, and other account reconciliations
- Financial Statement preparation, review and analysis
- Timely responding to client requests and inquiries
- Basic administrative support as needed
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Current QBO and/or Xero certification
- Serious knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting processes and procedures
- Full understanding of the mighty debits and credits
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to switch from one task/client to another and stay focused
- Hatred of typeos
- MS Excel and Word
- Ability to master multiple software solutions
- Professionally communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate strong time mgmt skills
- Innovative in your thinking and willing to try new ways to solve problems
- Servant attitude
- Love of learning (tech is always changing, you must embrace it!)
- Provide your own dedicated MAC computer with dual monitors and fast, secure internet
- Dedicated office space to work remotely with confidential information
- Attend in-person team meetings and client meetings as needed
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 4+ years recent, relevant experience
- Individual and business income tax preparation experience
- Recent public accounting experience in a small or regional firm a BIG plus
- 1+ year(s) remote work experience
- Part-time, flexible schedule
- Pay range of $18 to $24/hr depending on skill and experience
- Accrue PTO after 90 days of employment
- Submit a resume via email Hiring@VividNumbers.com.
- Include position #VN3f in the subject line.
- Include a custom cover letter detailing why you want this position, what makes you a good fit, and compensation requirements.
- If you don’t do ALL of the above, you will not be considered for the position. It will be as if you don’t exist to us. Sad, right?
- Find and tell us the misspelled word on this page in your cover letter and your application goes to the top of the list.
We are looking to fill this position immediately.