You may be asking yourself: Isn’t using lots of paper during tax preparation an IRS requirement?
We think trees should be in the ground – even the scraggly looking ones. So, we have removed paper whenever possible from our tax preparation process.
How does our individual paperless tax preparation process work?
- We do a brief consult and review your most recent returns and discuss your current tax situation.
- We provide you with a proposal* with different service levels so you can choose the one that suits you best.
- Once you select your level of service, we set your appointment date for your intake meeting and send you an engagement letter* to sign.
- During your intake meeting, we will review your documents and answer any questions you may have regarding your tax return. This meeting can be in person, on the phone or via Skype video conference.
- You can scan your documents and upload to your private portal, or we will scan them and place them in your portal for you. If we scan, your original paper documents will be returned to you.
- We prepare the returns.
- We will then upload a draft copy* of your tax returns to your portal. We will be available to discuss your returns and tax results with you.
- Once you approve the returns, we send you an invoice* for payment.
- When payment is received, we upload the final returns* to your secure portal where you will have 24-7 access. You will receive your efile authorization forms via Echosign. Once these are signed, we will efile your returns.
- Taxes done? CHECK!
Please note: We are not currently accepting any tax-only engagements at this time.